What Can I Expect from My Coach?
- Confidentiality – While open lines of communication are important, and you should share your goals with your parents, teachers, and others around you, the information you share with your coach will be treated with the strictest of confidentiality.
- Truthfulness – The truth is not always easy. It is not always what we want to hear, but your coach will be truthful with you at every step during the coaching process.
- Listening – Your coach will not only listen to you, but will also hear what you are saying and find ways to help you work through any obstacles that are in your way to success.
- Pushing Boundaries – Your coach will challenge you to push your boundaries. He will take you out of your comfort zone to explore new opportunities and learn things about yourself.
- Mentoring and guiding – It’s important to remember that you are never alone on this journey. You coach will be there to mentor and guide you through each step. You will work together to become your best possible self.
What Can I Expect to Learn?
- A picture of my best self – It is not uncommon for teens (or even adults!) to not have a clear picture of their best self. You will not only create that picture, but find ways to strive toward becoming your best self.
- Self confidence – It’s easy in life to lose confidence and think the world is against you. During your coaching sessions, you will build self-confidence by tackling obstacles and issues. You will get outside of your comfort zone and learn that you can achieve more than you ever dreamed if you put your mind to it.
- Positive ways to respond to stress – Stress is a fact of life. There will always be stress, but the way we react to it can turn a difficult situation into a great opportunity. You will find ways to accomplish this throughout your coaching, under the guidance of your coach.
- How to build good relationships – Relationships with family and friends can make us better people or tear us down. You will learn how to make positive changes in relationships and how to make meaningful connections with others. No one can do it all alone, but you do need to surround yourself with the right people.
- How to follow through – You will learn how to take action on your goals. You will learn to be dedicated to the things that will move you toward your dreams.
What are My Responsibilities?
Honesty – You need to be honest with yourself, your coach, and others around you. Honesty is the first step toward achieving your dreams. You will be free from the judgmental attitudes you may normally encounter, making honesty easier. Ultimately, your success is dependent on you and your attitudes.
Dedication – You need to be dedicated to working toward your goals. Your coach will give you all of the tools you need and be there to guide and mentor you along the way, but your level of dedication will bring the best results.
Hard work – Making a change is never an easy thing. You will need to work hard toward your goals. Once you see the results of your hard work, that type of commitment and dedication will come easier in the future. You will see great results when you work hard toward your goals.
Be realistic – Not every coaching session will result in earth-shattering results… and that’s perfectly okay! Every teen is different, with different goals and from a different set of circumstance. You will progress at your own pace through the coaching. Be realistic and give yourself credit for what you have already accomplished!
Take positive steps toward your goals – Once you’ve defined your goals and your true passions in life at this point, it’s time to take steps toward achieving those goals. You coach will help you to set short and long term goals and to discover ways to work toward those goals while overcoming any obstacles that may be in your way.